Eur Ing Dr. Robert Brown
BEng (Hons) PhD CEng MIET IntPE (UK)
Chartered Electrical Engineer
Dr Robert E Brown is an expert witness in the fields of electrical, electronic and control engineering. Considered to be a world expert in the operation and design of electrical fuses, circuit breakers and other electrical fault protection systems, specialising in how these devices operate in domestic and industrial systems with relevance to the faults generated by domestic appliances and industrial equipment.
Dr Brown expert fields also include the design and operation of electrical and electronic control systems for domestic and industrial environments including cable wiring, electrical current switching, electrical power generation and utilisation, automatic (computer) control of domestic and industrial process, sensory and sensor systems including parameter data capture and accurate data ‘representation’.
Dr Brown has provided expert and legal representation, acting as a single joint expert in numerous cases, having also acted as an expert working directly with private individuals, solicitors, barristers and other legal professionals in the International Courts, the High Courts of Justice including the Technology and Construction Courts, Criminal Courts including the Central Criminal Court of England and Wales, and County Courts.
Dr Brown has also appeared on national television for the BBC, helping by giving advice and evidence for the consumer protection series of programs ‘Don’t get done get DOM’
Dr Brown is a senior partner at Bralsford Brown and Associates Limited, whose specialists have significant experience, representing clients in the fields of plumbing, heating and ventilation, electrical and electronics, having provided expert assessment in litigation disputes concerning; irregular workmanship, safety, regulation compliance and intellectual property.
SensSystems Limited, Sheffield South Yorkshire. S60 5WG 2007- to date
A research and consulting organisation investigating, designing and constructing innovative electrical, electronic and process control solutions for domestic and industrial applications.
Established the company to provide support to clients involved in domestic, continuous process and batch production environments, designing electrical and electronic systems, to improve domestic and industrial environments, product flow and manufacture.
C.B. Kaymich and Co Limited, Sheffield. 2006-2007
A company supplying integrated components to the tobacco sector.
Principal Electrical/Electronic Engineer
Responsible for devising, creating, implementing and installing electrical /electronic control solutions.
Sarclad Limited, Chesterfield, Derbyshire. 2005-2006
A manufacturer of heavy industrial monitoring instruments for the steel industry selling to a global market
Research and Development Engineer
Responsible for research, development, testing and commissioning of electrical/ electronic control elements, associated with large monitoring equipment used within the steel industry.
Monition Limited, Worksop, Nottinghamshire. S80 3EH 2000-2005
A specialist engineering consultancy supporting domestic and manufacturing industry by monitoring, analysing and increasing the energy efficiency of domestic environments and industrial production performance by the addition of new electrical/ electronic control systems
Research and Development Manager
Fully responsible for the companies research and development function and head of collaborative national and international projects.
Tata Steels (Formally British Steel Corporation), Rotherham. 1979-1993
Electrical/Process Control Maintenance Engineer
- Ph.D. Electrical Engineering – Sheffield Hallam University. Thesis title: Investigations into Disintegration and Arcing in Electric Fuses.
- BEng (Hons) Electronic Systems and Control Engineering. – 1st Class Honours, Sheffield Hallam University.
- Eur Ing – FEANI – European Federation of National Engineering Associations
- IntPE(UK) – International Professional Engineer
- CEng – UK Engineering Council Register
- MIET – Member, Institution of Engineering Technology
- MSEW Member – Society of Expert Witnesses
- Unduloid Formation and the Causation of Current Interruption in Current Carrying Wires. – International Conference on Electrical Fuses and Their Applications – Turin, Italy, Sept. 1999 9/1999
- An Opto-electronic Camera for Non-invasive Investigation of Arcing in Short-circuit Current-carrying Conductors and HBC Fuse Elements. – IEE Proceedings, Science and Measurement Technology, Vol. 150, No3, May 2003 5/2003
- An Expandable Vibration Monitoring Solution for the Complete Range of Manufacturing Businesses. – International Congress and Exhibition on Condition Monitoring and Diagnostic Engineering. – Vaxjo, Sweden, August 2003 8/2003
- A Bifurcated Beam Opto-electronic Camera for Investigation of Phenomena Associated with Fast Rising Arc Voltage. – International Conference on Electrical Fuses and Their Applications, Gdansk, Poland, Sept. 2003 9/2003
- Time Correlated Techniques to Investigate Arcing Dynamics about the Peak Voltage instant during Current Interruption in Sand Filled Fuses using an Optical Spectrum Analyser. – International Conference on Electrical Fuses and Their Applications, Clermont-Ferrand, France September 2007 9/2007
- Saving Money with Intelligent V-belt Monitoring – Design Products & Applications (DPA) – Trade Journal 3/2009
- Monitoring V Belts can save Thousands – Drives and Controls – Trade Journal 2/2009
- Time to Tighten your Belts – Energy Management – Trade Journal 3/2009
- Monitoring Via Mesh Networks – Industrial Plant and Equipment– Trade Journal 5/2010
Contact Dr Robert Brown
Dr Brown is available to provide expert investigation and expert witness services in relation to all aspects of industrial and domestic electronics, electrical installation and mechanical & electrical engineering.
Please contact Dr Brown to discuss your requirements:
Tel: +44 (0) 1709 540348
Download Dr Robert Brown’s CV.